The finance field has been expanding tremendously over the last decade, and the scope of financial management is on the positive side. Finance jobs are always in demand, and there is a good reason for that. You can get a job in any industry if you have good qualifications like certification in finance courses and the right skill set. Many companies are looking for professionals from all levels to hire. Almost every company needs competent accounting, financial planning, or investment advisors.
Trending Job Profiles in Finance
- Public Accounting:
- Public accounting is a field with the highest demand for professionals. The important thing is to have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance and professional certifications such as CPA, GAAP, CMA, and Excel skills. In public accounting, there are always audits that need to be done at all levels of an organization and no shortage of opportunities to apply specialized skill sets like tax consulting or setting up new systems. Public accounting is one of the areas where there’s still room for promotions, as CPAs are always needed to head up audit or attest functions.
- The public accountant must have a deep knowledge of taxation and financial laws for the company to comply with legal obligations. Some people decide to become a private accountant because it has more job opportunities if you don’t plan on having your firm someday. But remember that it may be more difficult to find certain private clients because they want their business finances dealt with professionally.
- Corporate Finance: Corporate finance is the field of finance that provides the financing necessary to develop, grow, and sustain business operations. Corporate finance is separated into two main areas: public (for publicly traded companies) and private (for privately held companies). It includes both companies with publicly traded stocks.
- Public corporations: They trade shares of stock with the public to raise money for investments. Financing options include obtaining loans from creditors or issuing equity to shareholders. Debt financing, stock financing, and bank debt are all common types of corporate finance for public companies. Public corporations assume several risks as a cost of doing business to maximize shareholder value.
- Investment Banking: Banking is one of the world’s oldest and most time-tested industries. Originally operating as a partnership, it was one of the first businesses to adopt a more formalized structure and to use outside financing. Today, banking is an industry that deals with many products like loans, credit cards, and mortgages.
- Investment banking is the sector of the finance industry that provides services for clients who want to raise capital by issuing securities or through other financial transactions like mergers and acquisitions. It also helps companies go public by buying stocks or bonds through stock exchanges. In short, it converts money from savers into investments in productive economic activities, primarily large companies and government projects like building roads or bridges.
- Portfolio Management: Portfolio Management is about understanding and managing the various investment options for your money. There are two key factors that you need to consider when you work in portfolio management. First, you need to determine whether there are any tax benefits if you invest in a certain type of investment. Second, you need to understand the risk profile for each investment option. Once you figure out these two factors, it becomes easier for you to choose an appropriate portfolio according to your risk profile and tax situation.
- Risk Management: Risk management is concerned with anticipating what might go wrong and putting measures in place to reduce uncertainty to a manageable level. For those who don’t know, a risk is a possibility that a situation or event will impact the achievement of specific goals. The opportunities in risk management are huge, and you can make a great career out of this profile.
- Financial Planning: Financial planning is creating a plan for your future, specifically how you will manage your finances and prepare for all potential costs and issues. The procedure entails assessing your current financial situation, determining your goals, and then developing and implementing appropriate recommendations.
To succeed in a finance career, you need to know all about the financial system and how it works and have a professional degree or certification in any of the good finance courses. That includes learning how to work with stocks, bonds, and securities and understanding the economic side of things like taxes. After that, you can decide which career path to choose and work accordingly. We have listed six trending job profiles in finance for you, and they will help you make a great career.